Sunday, July 10, 2011

Aloha Spirit



I have been looking forward to Ban and Lorena's visit with their wonderful 5 children all summer. Both Bart and I think of them as family. They were here for just 3 days and we packed in so much fun as we always do with them. They live in Hawaii because Ban teaches at BYU Hawaii so we had not seen them for 3 years. Ban and Bart both taught at Mesa community college together before they moved from the Phoenix valley but we have known them for a long time before that. I met Ban many years ago when he was only about 13, the age of his youngest son now. Their kids call us Auntie Nancy and Uncle Bart but I feel like a grandma to them too. We ate good food, went on walks, had archery contests, sang, played chess and had a cook out and bon fire and we made sommores, watched movies, took a drive into the mountains and they treated us to Chinese food for lunch one day, just sat around talking and went to church together. They just left this morning and I am missing them so much already. It is so quiet here. They can be very loud with five children, 4 boys and one sweet little girl. Here are a few pictures of good times with our friends/family with the True Aloha spirit. Love you all tons. Thanks for a great weekend. See you next summer in Hawaii! Surfs Up!


                                          

                                      
Here is video of the boys playing with the bows and arrows.
















2 comments:

  1. Hi Nan! I'm going to try to keep up my blog and am so excited to see that you have one, too! I found it as a link on Felicia's blogspot. I'll enjoy reading through your blogs and catching up. Love, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am excited to finally read you message after all this time. I will try to keep up mine and stay in touch with you. I think we will be coming for Christmas so we will catch soon Love Nancy

    ReplyDelete